Ark63088
Hello there, all! I have not updated in awhile, but everything has been going well. I updated last Monday about having to wear my bands, and was happy to find that the achiness went away after a few days. All I have to do is take an advil every once in awhile if it gets achy at all, and that does the trick- I haven't touched my hyrocodone in weeks!

<---- not me anymore!





I have still been taking my vitamins, which to post again are
  • Bromelain
  • Turmeric
  • Quercitin

I bought my vitamins for a total of about $35 from Vitamin World (vitaminworld.com), although I would definitely like to note that according to one my followers/commentators, you CAN buy these vitamins in an all-in-one supplement! Some of them run for about 15-25 dollars, depending on the amount in them- and you'll probably be taking them twice a day in the all in one. At the moment, I take two quercitin, four Bromelain, and 3-4 Turmeric supplements a day, especially in the morning and at night. The morning is when I am most swollen and at night I take them as a soft of preventative measure for the morning!

All in all, if you buy anything, I would suggest it be these vitamins. They have worked absolute wonders for swelling and muscle soreness, and the Quercitin also has vitamin C which I am sure has helped ward off some winter sickness!

Beyond that, today was the first day I was able to truly enjoy my winter break because of the fiasco yesterday. I still have to work on my thesis, but I have been studying for a test for grad school for weeks, and was finally ready to schedule it for a few days later. Well they were booked, but the woman I spoke to said I could do a walk in- and she had a spot in a few HOURS. Well, I took it and rushed to get there because I didn't want to take the chance of not getting to take the test before it was too late! Anywho, I know my scores for half the test, I'll receive a total score report in the mail if a few weeks- and I will not post them until then :)

Back to the Jaw- I went to the gym for the first time since signing up and I feel as I waited just enough time-I had not problems with my jaw 'bouncing' around or what not- and just made sure that if I was lifting something heavy to NOT clench my teeth (that = badness).

The next thing on my jaw itinerary is to put together a small scrapbook of my jaw surgery. I'm thinking of asking my Orthodontist about leaving it at their office for
people who are going to go through the same thing. What do you guys think? If so, I'm going to add tips and other advice, including some of my favorite recipes, and put it all in one thing.

Well, I must be going now, I have been sitting on my bum for two hours and I believe it's time to clean my house or I'll be stressed when I go back to school! Hope all is well!

Pictures of what the vitamin bottles look like (just in case? ha ha )

vitaminworld.com (all pictures taken from their site)
(oh-and these say chewables- mine don't even though they look like they are- I just swallow them!)



(sometimes if I couldn't take my bands off or didn't feel like it I would just break open the pill and put the contents in my food-stir it well!..and it adds a bit of spice)



(They have one without Vitamin C-but you might want to just get this one because recovering from surgery includes keeping your immune system healthy!)


and if you type in "quercetin plus bromelain plus turmeric" into google you can find a ton of different supplements that are all in one, such as this brand's:

http://www.nutrasanus.com/quercetin-product.html
3 Responses
  1. Valerie Says:

    Ugh, i need a friend...just found out my husbands new insurance isn't going to cover the surgery. Early last year when i decided to go ahead with the surgery we had bcbs and it was pre-approved under medical...husbands company switched insurance middle of last year and now i'm screwed. Do you have a ball park figure of what your surgery cost was? I don't think we can afford to do it without insurance. Oh man, I'm sitting here crying.


  2. Ark63088 Says:

    Oh no Val, I am so sorry to hear that! I completely understand what you are going through, that is exactly what happened with my father's company. I am going to be completely honest with you, this surgery ranges from 6,000 to 16,000, and you need to prepared for 2 bills: one from the surgeon, and one from the hospital. However, your surgeon may offer a discount because of the insurance thing (mine chopped off about 3 grand). Also, there are a lot of programs your hospital may offer. Call your hospital asap and one) try to get estimates for an OR room + anesthetic, and two) ask about any programs or what not that they may offer for those whose insurance won't cover a procedure. My hospital offers a few, one that I am applying for is called "No insurance self pay" Even though I have insurance, the surgery was not covered, so I was considered to be "uninsured." This is something you apply for, but it can be easier to get than other programs that are based on income, and it covers about 60% of the bill, and then you can also do monthly payments afterwards. Also, if you do decide to do the surgery and can do programs like this, STILL send in your bills to the insurance company (the hospital will do it automatically). My insurance said absolutely no, but so far they have paid for about 70% of the anasethic, and for the pre-testing stuff. I hope this helps, and I really, really hope you can get this all worked out. I balled my eyes out when I found out my insurance wasn't covering any more, and it took a long time to find out who to call and what could be done, and so far it's helping. GOOD LUCK, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!! Let me know if you have any other questions.


  3. Valerie Says:

    Thank you! What you have told me helps but I'm afraid if i don't get coverage I won't go through with it because i have two boys about to finish college and i want to be able to support them if they don't get jobs right away....as a mom you can't help but continually put your children before your self.