Ark63088
Day 12





Day 13






Once again, SORRY MOM! It's been 2 days since my last update. Oh, the horror! Well, on the plus side, it wasn't because I was feeling ill, I've actually been feeling pretty great! Day 12 was New Years Day, and Day 13 was Saturday, one being filled with with visits from my parents and taking the tree down, the other Steve had off which means I'm not allowed to touch the computer because I take too long and updating does not include him.

So, whether good or bad, this blog also won't be that long because not much has happened in the jaw department! I have been taking my vitamins, which I believe have really been helping with swelling and soreness, even though it's pretty gradual at this point. Although, I will still be taking pictures every day for a long while.

The bands have not been causing me much pain, except at night when I have to wear four of them. But even then it's mostly just an annoyance and takes me longer to
fall asleep. I usually taken them off 9-11, 1-3, and then 5-9 or 6-10 depending on how long I'll think I will be up!

I've also been eating a few more 'solid soft' foods-but still no chewing. I pulsed
up some Chili a few days ago for dinner, and it felt so great to have some more substance! And last night I had a delicious chicken salad, and I enjoyed every single bite despite Steve's jealousy! (or maybe because of it!)






The only thing that has been really bothering me are the spasms my jaw has
every so often when I talk. Most of them are just little "hiccups," but
a few of them have
been really strong that usually involves an expletive that follows.
I'm going to make sure I talk to my doctor about them, but I think they
are normal. And there's no cracking or popping going on, thank goodness!



In all, things have been going well the past few days. The 'downness' i was feeling seems to be completely gone, and I'm enjoying my winter break, despite the loom of grad school applications. Oh- AND i joined a gym! SO EXCITED. I joined Planet
Fitness yesterday, but not for a new years resolution (I don't believe in those-anything I can 'change' about myself on Jan. 1 I could have changed any other month or day). I can do some exercise at home, like my pilates and I have a barbell or two. But I really wanted to be able to use a variety of different equipment and be able to work out with my the distractions at home (my cats think it's funny to lay down on top of me while I do some core work on the mat-jerks!).

Plus, I looked at the site the day before new years, and the start up fee was about $70, but it's always 10 dollars a month (cannot beat that). So, I decided to wait until After new years to see if they had any new deals going on-and they did. I joined yesterday for ONE dollar. Yep, a buck vs. $70. I'd say that's a deal! Have a good day everyone! And yes, mom, I'll make sure to come on later and update for today!
5 Responses
  1. Valerie Says:

    You look great!
    Have you been having to sleep sitting up still?
    Have you lost any weight because of the soft food diet?
    Did you give the name of the vitamins you're using for swelling/healing?


  2. Ark63088 Says:

    Hey Val! Yes, for the past two weeks I have been sleeping elevated with two large pillows behind me. But as of yesterday I no longer have to! And as far as I know, I have NOT lost any weight, and may have possibly even gained a few pounds! But I was weighed at the doc's pre surgery, and then a few days ago used my parents decade old scale. But my gym has a hospital type scale, so I will check that out next time I go. And yes, in a previous post I mentioned the vitamins, which are Turmeric, Bromelain, and Quercetin + Vitamin C, all of which I got at Vitamin World. They have been working wonders on swelling and soreness!


  3. Valerie Says:

    You just look beautiful in your day 15 picture!...sorry about the vitamins..I assumed they were all together in one pill..I gotchya.
    Thanks for answering my questions.


  4. Valerie Says:

    I found the vitamin! Who's a big girl ;-)....looked it up and it all comes in one pill...Several brands out there...you need to put pictures up for people like me...:-)


  5. Ark63088 Says:

    Thank you for the comment! and I'm glad you found the vitamins :), I had no idea they came all in one pill, I'll put a bunch of pics up of the vitamins with links (i assumed that's what you meant by putting pics up), including a couple of the all in one for those who can order pre surgery. I myself didn't find out about any of them till afterwards, so I went out and got them so I could try them same day! but I will def. add the links/pics... because i'm people like you! :D And you're welcome for the q+a, I'm happy to help and I wouldn't have put this blog up if I didn't expect people to look at it and of course 'ponder'! Whew! long comment. Hope all is well :)