Ark63088
Well, this week was quite busy. I spent the beginning of the week preparing for a presentation on Wednesday. This was somewhat bittersweet, I have a close attachment with my honors family (there's only 11 of us!) and next semester we won't have a regular class meeting, so seeing each other will be random at times... I just hope it happens! We're planning a bar trip believe, which I KNOW we deserve!! ANywho, after that, I had to go to my Orthodontist to get my surgical hooks put on (I will add a picture later!) but was starving so I ran over to Wendy's to pregame it. lol. Being at the Orthodontist was kind of a lathargic moment too, because it will be the last time I see them before the surgery!

Luckily, I was able to work with Michelle, my favorite 'adjustment maker' (I don't know her actual title lol) and we had some pre surgery bonding. Despite that she was working on my mouth, we had some fun conversations, especially about the salad shooter and smart shopper! haha, you can google those if necessary :D. She also mentioned how she was telling a coworker about my situation, and how she couldn't believe that it was time for me to finally get the surgery done: "We've been through so much together!" she says <3 very, very true! She even gave me hug after we were all done, and i sniffled a little :..) of course, i should mention that i had to go back for a five minutes the next day because one of hooks was sliding back and forth (she said that as long as they aren't 'flapping' it should be fine) so they tightened that and I went on my merry way (again!)

now, to say a little about what they do:
some of you, when getting an adjustment, may get a 'wire' tie put on instead or under those little colored bands that go over the brackets. When the Ortho puts the surgical hooks, they place a wire (usually the same one-no extra movements before surgery!) as usual, but you a get a wire tire on EVERY single bracket!. So, for those of you who know what this is like, it's like getting whiskers, you have a whole MOUTH full of whiskers [Michelle says: On halloween, you could dress up as a tigerrr. Then, they clip them all down. After this, they take these small hooks (I believe they call them wire crimpers or crimps) and then use pliers to place them in between every space in your mouth. I should worn you, IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO CLEAN WITH THESE THINGS ON!! i usually floss every day, and told myself to floss TWICE a day till surgery, but after getting the hooks on I realize it's pretty much IMPOSSIBLE! I suppose this is where a water pik would come in handy. So, kudos to those who already have one.

Other than this, On Thursday I went to the store and went grocery shopping for foods for the surgery. I tried to gather as many ingredients were in the "75 recipes for a blended diet" recipe book my surgeon gave me, and I think I was pretty successful... for now, I suppose I'll head out and relax for the evening. I have one more day of work tomorrow (7-1) and then I have the afternoon off to spend with my honey!

Oh! and I called the OR yesterday, my surgery is on Monday ( I knew that) at 7:30 am, and we have to be there by 5:45 am. Cross your fingers that I get to come home the same day!!
0 Responses