Ark63088

I decided to try and post the infamous "attempted smile" post surgery picture. Still no side shots yet though, I really want to wait until the swelling goes down almost all the way before I do that. My bite is still feeling great, can't wait to put it to good use! Earlier today I talked with my friend Candice about how much I want a burger....with cheese and ranch dressing and onions... ugh! only weeks to go! ha ha, oh how cruel, i shouldn't tease myself. But I can't help it when Steve sits next to me and I enjoy soup after soup after soup, while he enjoys meatball subs and hot dogs. *Sigh* soon enough.

This morning I was in pain again, the same pain I had when I went to bed last night. I think I just over did it with talking because I was so excited. But it was also because I'm getting more feeling back in my face, so it's tingly, as well as the fact that my teeth do not like being clenched together! The only thing other thing that annoys me is that my left side of my face hurts more than my right, but there's not clicking or anything and nothing to worry about, so I won't stress either.

Based on some advice I got from a website from a fellow blogger, I decided to take a walk today to help with the swelling. The
pictures I took above are right after I got back home, and I think it did make a difference. If anything, it helped to get me moving and feeling good, as well as get me out of the house, even if it was just for a few minutes.

Beyond that, I still have school work that I haven't started, and today was supposed to be the day, but I'll admit to some procrastination on my part, but I also blame the pain I was in this morning! I woke up at 6:30 and took some of my pain meds, then headed straight for bed till 10 am. Happily though, I did go on that walk and am feeling better since I got to sleep in, so I'll be happy with that.

Well, that's really all I have for today, not much excitement, and hopefully not much more pain. And lets hope the left side of my jaw relaxes a bit more, too. Good night all!

oh- and I just (literally) got a call from my surgeon, who I had just (literally) left a message for about anti-inflammatory vitamins I wanted to take! He said they certainly wouldn't hurt, just to take them on a full stomach (which it always is ;) ). The vitamins are:

  • Bromelain
  • Tumeric
  • Quercetin
Now i want to run to the store and get them! Anything to help with swelling that is also good for you is a win win!
2 Responses
  1. Valerie Says:

    Have you had much bruising? I doesn't look like you've had any at all.


  2. Ark63088 Says:

    i've mostly just a little yellow bruising, and i even went down my neck, but it wasn't bad AT ALL. you can really only see it in the bright white lights at the doc's office. Nothing to bother me :)