Ark63088

I'm feeling much more clear headed today, despite the somewhat awkward sleep. I woke up at 3:30 because my brain forgot that I had major jaw surgery and decided to try and cough-not so much fun. So I got up and re filled my heat packs (twice-first time they were barely warm ) and took some medicine because I was pretty achy from the previous day's excursions. But after that I slept wonderfully with my new heated blanket (that thing is amazing!) and even slept in later than Steve. Of course, I woke up with a puppy in my face begging for love, but how could I resist? So up and went and made my own breakfast- a peach pillow.

I have that recipe listed below on another post- you all should really check it out, it's great! And I'm happy I've been trying to make my own foods now, it feels good doing a bit more now. Steve and I then had to go to the pharmacy to pick up my prescription, which I of course knew would be fun! I don't know if I mentioned this before, but the liquid antibiotic expires, so for those of you about to go through this make sure you get the bottle a couple of days before surgery. I was going to pick up two (the third bottle from the first fill and new bottle from a refill) but the pharmacist said it would best to do this later, so I went home with one bottle instead. Another note, I wanted to do this because the medicine only lasts about 3 or 4 days, and I didn't want to have to go out all the time. But still, at least now it won't expire on me :)

Today I also received a visit from my best friend Brianne, who came by when I took my bands off so that we could chat for a little while! I made a new recipe while she was here as well, Broccoli soup, and it turned out pretty successful, but next time I need to strain it.

That's probably one of the other difficult things. After blending five million times and adding cup and cup of milk, a lot of items need to be strained in order to eat well. There are only a few spaces where the foods can go in, and if you have "solids" stuck in there you'll never get anything else in there! So, invest in a good, small, strainer, you'll be glad you did!

Luckily for me, Brianne works at facility that deals with a lot of patients who have tracheotomies, so when I put my bands on she actually understood everything I was saying! It was a miracle! Steve's been doing a great job, but I must say it was great having someone to talk to without have to repeat and then give up and write it down. I'm sure Steve will be a pro by the time this is all over!

Brianne commented that I almost look normal now, and I'd say from my pictures that is true. Although it doesn't look like a huge difference, it is for the person whose face is going back to a more proportionate size! Neither of us can wait to see how the surgery has/will effect my facial features. I just can't wait for the bands to be gone for good!

So, that's all for now, I'll post again tomorrow on how things are going in the world of swollen faces like mine!
0 Responses