Ark63088


I'm writing this in yesterday mode because I ran out of time to update! (SORRY MOM!) But luckily yesterday was very productive, despite a baaaddd sleep. We lost power THREE times, which would mean much but I'm one of those people who have to listen to the fan every night, so I woke up six times in order to turn it on each time, and every time the power went out. Plus, even though Steve doesn't usually snore (at least not too bad ;) ) He decided to use that particular night to let out the mother of all snores. I was so frustrated, let alone that I was already upset because my back was in pain from sleeping elevated and my heat packs felt like they weighed a million pounds! Basically, it was a lousy night.

That morning, I got up, made some breakfast and took my medicine as usual, and although I was planning on going back to sleep, it was Steve's last day off before going back to work, so we decided (i.e. I told him we were) to clean the house so
that I wouldn't have to worry about it during the week. We finished all of the dishes (team effort!) and picked up some of the mess around the house, and then I gathered some laundry to send down to my mom at the laundramat (once again-SORRY MOM!)

During that fiasco, I took off my bands for a few hours and began trying to stretch my muscles as we cleaned up. Not a lot, just opening and closing the jaw, moving my lips around a bit. I was achy all day, unfortunately, but I think it was because I'm getting more feeling back in my face, so I can deal with that. IT feels so good to take my bands off, and for anyone who wonders, it does not feel like your jaw is going to fall off!

Like I finally convinced Steve, since we finished all of the cleaning, we were able to relax the rest of the evening and watch some movies on Netflix, although I was so exhausted I took another nap. Since the surgery, I've taken about one 2 hour nap per day (don't tell my father!). I'm assuming this is because of how tired your body gets from surgery, and I can't wait for that to pass! Although, I think that by the time I go back to school, I'll finally be one rested woman! I sometimes just get annoyed that picking up a few things makes me want to crash!

I tried to update my blog the rest of the evening, but Steve was very content with "just ONE more episode" or "just let me finish this movie," and I couldn't be mad. After this week, he deserved one last evening of relaxing. I ended up doing some spa like treatments for myself, a hair mask and face mask (except over the suture stitch things), which hopefully will help. I mention this because I've noticed some extra hair fall out the past week, which I'm assuming is from not enough nutrients. I have been trying to get as much as I can, but I'm sure the stress from the surgery doesn't help either.

My skin has also been dealing with some new issues since surgery. I have always had acne prone skin, and use proactive, but I knew after surgery that it would be way too rough on my skin. I've heard that a side effect of surgery your skin can break out, and so far I haven't had much acne, but the level of oilyness has gone through the roof! I have been washing my face every day, twice a day as usual, but I have been using a product that is easier (gentler) than the proactive (although I will switch back once I can), and for those of you who are still worried about skin care I absolutely recommend them! I have been using Olay facial cloths, the ones that already have the cleanser in them, and you just add water. What I do is

1) wet the cloth and later it up, but make sure it's not dripping, because you can't bend over to rinse it off
2) apply the cleanser (with cloth, obviously) on your face, avoiding the sutures on either side of your face
3) rinse the cloth of the soap
4) use the cloth to gently wipe the cleanser off of your face

This method works really well for those of you who still want to keep your face clean and fresh, but can't scrub, have to avoid certain areas, and can't bend over to rinse soap off your face.

I've also been using a homemade face scrub that I have used every other day since day 2 to combat and remove a lot of the oilyness, and it works WONDERS! I'm just going to add the link from the person on youtube I got the recipe from. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e--d_n073pc) It also helps to protect break outs, which for those who are acne prone like me know is important. This a time where you already may feel less self confident because your face is swollen and you can't talk well, and just basically a downer. So, any way to keep your skin as clear and healthy as possible will keep you feeling great. Oh, and as a side note, when removing the scrub after the ten minutes, once again, you can't rinse, so just take a warm, wet cloth, and wipe it away :)

Hope all is well in everyone else world, I'll be back in a few hours to update for today's excitement!!

oh, and another note. I was very disappointed in myself eating wise. I realize I ate only TWICE today (very, very bad), which I think was just because I was busy running around. Actually, I'll correct that and say I ate three times because after i realized that i made something before i went to bed. However, that's not so much better considering I normally eat six times a day (so friends who are reading this, please don't stress!) I was writing down how much I ate in the beginning, but then I gave up because, well I'm not really sure why I just kept forgetting most likely. But I think I'm going to keep it up again, at least writing down the calories if not the meal, so I know what I'm taking in a day. If it makes anyone feel better, the meal I made before I went to bed had 660 calories, which is about half of a typical daily intake! But for me, and for anyone else going through this, it is very important that no matter how busy your are you make sure you are taking in as many calories and nutrients as possible, to keep your body (and tummy!) happy and healthy. SO with that, I will go enjoy a mid morning snack!
2 Responses
  1. Valerie Says:

    You're looking great! Can't wait for the next youtube video to see your profile...can you tell the difference yet?


  2. Ark63088 Says:

    hey, hope you're getting my comments! And thank you :) Well my neck is still pretty swollen so I can't see my profile too well, but I did do a video today I turned my head to the side and I was like holy crap!ha ha, so I am noticing some difference, but it will take awhile for the rest of the swelling to go down and my features to "reform."