Ark63088


Day Three and everything is going great! I went to the Doctors this morning bright and early and the nurse mentioned that day three is the worst swelling wise (my brother mentioned yesterday that I looked like the Nutty Professor-he's so sweet ha ha). So hopefully it'll start going down from here. The Doctor said I can switch my ice packs from cold to warm now, Steve just warmed one up for me and it feels a-m-a-z-i-n-g!

The Doctor and his assistant moved very quickly while I was there, they just snipped off the bands and took out the plate and THEN... oh, then, they did the best thing ever. They BRUSHED my TEETH. it was heaven! The mintyness, the nice clean feeling all around, I loved it! And while it was sore, none of this hurt at all. BEST of all, I could TALK when he took the bands and the bite plate out! I also had a small proud moment when the Doctor asked me to figure out which way the bite plate went and I got it on the FIRST try. This plate thing just keeps the teeth where they need to go until my jaw figures out that where it's at is where it's going to stay!

On Friday, I'll be able to take out the plate and bands myself for a few hours, and, GET THIS, eat SOFT FOODS. Even Scrambled eggs! Which I most definitely WILL be having for a lovely Holiday Brunch. Oh man, I cannot wait for that!



So, beyond this, everything is going really well. I've been trying to eat what I can and get plenty of nutrients, and also drinking plenty of water and other liquids. I should also be able to move onto warm foods today (the nurse said cold liquids are better the first couple days) so I believe I will be enjoying some SOUP today. Oh, what a wonderful day it is.. Christmas miracles DO exist! haha.
0 Responses