Ark63088

Well, I am officially home from the hospital! Surgery started around 7:30 this morning and we were at the hospital at 5:45. My boyfriend stayed with me all day and was even going to stay the night if I was going to have too! Everything went extremely well, and even though the nurse originally wanted me to stay the night, she talked to my Doctor, and because I was doing so wonderfully (and because of lack of $$) that they agreed I could go home! I was happy! the swelling is beginning to start now ( I was only a little swollen earlier) but I've taken my antibiotic and I'm going to have a glass of chocolate milk that my bf made for me! I am wearing an ice pack around my face too, and let me tell you, it feels AWESOME. Well, I'll keep up my updates, but for now I am going to RELAX!
2 Responses
  1. Valerie Says:

    I'm so happy to see you're doing good! That boyfriend is a keeper.

    I'm interested to hear what they did to you pre-surgery...when you feel better of course. Like IV's, was there a catheter? How long was the surgery?...that kind of stuff.


  2. Ark63088 Says:

    Hey Valerie! Thank you for the comments, I'll be sure to give my boyfriend the ego boost :) You can send me any questions you have, I'll do my best to answer them. For the one's you left so far, there was no catheter, and i was told my body wouldn't really let me go during surgery, so afterwards when i went up to my room they helped me walk to the bathroom. I haven't talked to the surgeon about how long the surgery actually lasted, but I was told that it would be between 2 and 3 hours. I'm going up to his office tomorrow for a check up, and i'll ask him how long it ended up taking. I was in the hospital for about 11 hours from the time i walked in to the time i left. Any other questions, just let me know!