Ark63088



Okay, so usually I like to start off from the beginning of the day, but then something just happened. My dog fell on my face. I have a picture of him from a previous post, and he's a small thing, but he went on top of the couch and fell on my face. So, then, of course, I spent 5 minutes freaking out afraid my jaw was going to fall apart! I ran to the kitchen, heat up my ice pack again, and now am sitting here telling you this my the right side of my face begins to throb with pain. So, as of right now, I am NOT a happy camper. What makes it worse is that Steve had just left literally TWO minutes before it happened! Ugh, and now Boe (the accused) is laying in his cage (And no, I didn't throw him in there or beat him or anything- he just knows he really hurt me and went into his cage by himself).



So, as a for warning, my picture for tomorrow may show a more swollen face then the picture above. AH, did I really need more trauma to my face?! Sigh, well, let me try to move on with this blog. Have any of you ever gone through that? For example, if one of your kids got slap-happy? lol.

Anywho, beyond this, today has been both good and frustrating. I got up on my own this morning (usually Steve gets up with me to me breakfast and what not) and was feeling very clear headed, which was great. I finally opened my own medicine (darn child proof caps!). and made myself a protein shake with strawberries! However, the frustrating part came when I tried to drink out of the cup. I had to blend it, then shake it in the blender cup, and then strain it, and then moisten my mouth so it wouldn't go everywhere! Eventually, I was able to enjoy it, but by then I was hungry for something else. Ugh.

The rest of the morning I spent mostly sitting on the couch and re microwaving my ice packs. I have to tell you, switching to heat is an amazing thing and I see the swelling going down nicely (I'll be needing them after Boe's hit and run, won't I?). I think the picture shows my face looking the same as yesterday, but I noticed this morning that my neck was not as swollen, and it seems to going down around my cheeks as well. I have been using the aquaphor alot, but as you can also see from the pictures, my lips are taking QUITE a beating. I can't really scrub them with anything, so I use a washcloth when I can to clean them up, and then reapply the Aquaphor. It's a lovely process, really.

I'm in some pain right now, so I'm going to try and move through the things I wanted to. Okay, for startes, I can have warm stuff to eat now, and the soups have been great. Steve made me mushroom soup today, but it had extra milk and chicken bouillion in it, which added so much. Of course by the time he finished it and brought it to me it was cold, and then he had to re micorwave it, but is definitely worth it. I'll be posting more recipes as time goes on.

Hmm, what else? Well, I 've been trying to talk more with my bands, and though it's still defficult to understand a word I am trying to say, it's getting better. There's still many misunderstandings, such as when I told Steve that my friend was "better now" he thought I said that "got around." ha ha! Oh, and that made me laugh, and I should warn you that sometimes laughter makes your face hurt! But still, a genuine laugh is what I needed :D

Oh, and I was trying to avoid taking my pain medicine today but I eventually had too. The hydrocodone makes me tired, which I am sure it does for everybody, but I was trying to avoid too much sleep. I really wanted to get some things done around here (don't worry, just sitting on the couch stuff, like school work), and I didn't want to be so tired. But, eventually my mouth just told me
"take it!!!!!"
and I happily obliged. In a few days I'd like to move on the the liquid Children's motrin I got, but I'm afraid of it not working! oh well.

As for now, I believe I am going to go remicrowave my ice pack, and then take a nap. I would prefer getting those other things done, but when I dog falls on your face, you get a little wiped out! (literally!).
0 Responses