Ark63088


It's day two of my journey and things are going pretty well! I am more swollen today, and was in more pain, but the hydrocodone and ice packs helped with that. So did EATING. My boyfriend, Steve, made me a shake from the recipe book my Doc gave me, called a peach pillow. It was super good!
Here's the recipe:

Peach Pillow
one cup vanilla yogurt
1 jar baby food peaches (it says strained but it turned out fine even thought we didn't)
1/2 cup milk (Steve added more of this to make it more liquidy)
Directions: BLEND
Calories: 350


The shake was still a little thick, so I used the syringe the hospital gave me, but screwed off the thin tip thing it had on, and used it that way (much easier). I'm keeping a log of what I'm eating and how many calories, so I can make sure to try and maintain some nutrition. The recipe above stated that it was a good source of vitamin C, protein, calcium, and vitamin A, which are things we should all keep in mind when on a diet like this!

Also, I have to tell you that Ensure has come a long way! Ensure is a type of
drink, sort of like instant breakfast type things. I use to have to clean up the mess they made at a nursing home I worked at, and they smelled so incredibly gross, but I bought them anyway because they have a 'plus' version that is supposed to help gain and maintain a healthy weight. Today, for a midmorning snack I had a "Homemade Vanilla Shake" and it was GREAT. Maybe this is just because I can't have anything else, but I would recommend them to those are going to go through this surgery, they have tons of nutrients and vitamins in them and they have so many different flavors!

Some of my other new best friends include:

Aquaphor! This stuff is similar to Vaseline, which I recently started using, but am now going to continue using this product. I just got the tub (they have to-go tubes too) and it "stays" on your lips much longer than regular Vaseline. It is also "smoother" and easier to put on, which is great when your mouth is this sore!


Everything else seems to be going okay. I haven't gotten nauseous yet and have been rinsing with warm salt water every hour (annoying but I know its super important!)
for rinsing the nurse gave me this bubble thing, which they usually use for cleaning infants' noses and throats, etc. But, she said it'll work either way!

And here's an add: a picture of me from day two, with no ice (and no smile either!)

0 Responses